How to be prepared for unusual weather when traveling
On the Sunday, May 23rd edition of The Travel Guys…
- Mark is live from Oracle Park in San Francisco, Tom is in studio in Sacramento.
- In the Travel News, Spain says if you’ve been vaccinated, welcome; as we predicted last week, at least half of the Alaska cruise season has been salvaged, and the Canadian and Mexican borders remain closed for another month – but there’s a glimmer of hope.
- In our Smarter Traveler segment, we tell you which hotel chains have dropped mask requirements and/or enforcement, and which ones still want you protecting yourself and other guests. Mark relates being a part of a freak snow storm in Virginia City this week and how you need to be prepared for unusual weather when you are traveling.
- In a recent interview, Chris Elliott’s advocacy firm got an “F” from the Better Business Bureau. Chris has the story and it’s a good one. (replay)
- Tom had the chance to talk with Jesse Colin Young, a rocker from not so long ago, in an Entertainment Guys feature. (replay)
- Spain Is Reopening to All Vaccinated Tourists
- Royal Caribbean Submits Plan for Test Cruises to CDC
- Vaccinated guests may not have to wear masks at most hotels
- Elliott Advocacy
- Jesse Colin Young
- The Best Barbecue Place in Each State
- If a worried host asks you to pretend not to be a guest, it’s time to go
- Shortage of Help Could be an Indicator of Summer Travel Problems
- Your Boarding Pass has a Lot of Information about YOU
- Hwy 1 through Big Sur is OPEN
- Explaining the Jones Act – Cruise ships to Alaska
- Tauck Tours and Vacations
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame
- Clear – a pre-check program
- Registration for Clear
- Travelers put vaccination high on their list