Cruise lines can’t sail from Florida until they reach required vaccination threshold
On the Sunday, June 6th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, Florida governor Ron DeSantis has an interesting Catch-22 on his hands. The cruise lines can’t sail from Florida, even on test cruises, until they reach 95% vaccination for passengers and 98% for crew. But DeSantis has declared no one will have to give out their vaccination status in Florida. So how do the cruise lines meet those thresholds? Mediation has broken down, cruise lines are furious. United Airlines is giving flight attendants three days off if they get vaccinated. Interestingly enough, flight attendants are not required to be vaccinated.
- In our Smarter Traveler segment, we are joined by Gwen Duncan of Cordially Yours Travel to talk about the cruise situation. Gwen loves to cruise and sells many of them. She presents Gov. DeSantis’ reasons for his position. Mark still thinks there will be a compromise which allows both sides to claim victory. Gwen says she would love to go on a cruise, but she wants to know the people she is sailing with are safe/vaccinated. Both concede there is a small number of people who cannot be vaccinated for various reasons.
- Beach Blanket Babylon ran for over 3 decades at the Club Fugazi in San Francisco. Now, a new show is set to open in the theater this fall. It will have a circus theme. We have an advance look at this new entertainment extravaganza.
- The Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach is back in business this summer. The unique cultural arts event featuring “living pictures” runs for two months in the summer. Our special guest tells you more about the festival and its accompanying art show.
- Cordially Your Travel – Gwen Duncan
- Club Fugazi’s new show
- The Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach
- Top Travel Deals for June 2021
- Trailer Released for New Movie About Anthony Bourdain
- Sacramento Southwest passenger banned – video
- Ed Perkins on travel’s restart
- Ed’s new rail web site
- Southwest Routes to Hawaii from all destinations
- New Hawaii Rideshare about to start
- Different opinions on the comeback of business travel
- Make sure reviews aren’t too outdated
- From Folk to Film – A free concert from the NY Pops Orchestra
- Your Boarding Pass has a Lot of Information about YOU