Southwest adding flights to Palm Springs and Kona
On the Sunday, June 13th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, Southwest will add flights to Palm Springs and Kona this fall and we have the latest episodes of “people behaving badly on planes.”
- In our Smarter Traveler segment, Hawaii’s governor has spelled out when the testing and quarantines might be relaxed; cruise ships are getting back in the ocean – with one already reporting positive COVID passengers on board; and the CDC has changed the regulation on vaccinated travelers on SOME forms of public transportation…but don’t throw away the mask quite yet.
- Chris Elliott, America’s foremost travel consumer advocate, joins us to talk about vacation rentals. Seems owners of vacation home are getting quite creative on the fees they are adding to rentals. Chris updates us on what to look out for. Hint: The bottom line may NOT be the bottom line.
- Mark went to Oregon with a group of 30 travelers last week, on the heels of a trip to Nevada. How are the two states different? How are rising numbers of travelers impacting the system at airports, restaurants and the like? Mark has some observations.
- How to deal with air rage in real time
- Oahu moving forward on reopening
- Ways to volunteer for tourism during your visit to Hawaii
- Traveling with Medications (US Department of Homeland Security)
- Travel Smartly with Prescription Medications (US Department of State)
- Traveling with Prescription Medications (US Food and Drug Administration)
- List of airline wheelchair policies (bottom of article)