Maui mayor asks airlines to reduce seats on flights to the island
On the Sunday, July 11th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, The mayor of Maui, Hawaii asks the airlines to cut the number of seats on flights to his home island. Too many tourists, the mayor says. Canada updates its travel policy, but it doesn’t help Americans; and Hilton becomes the first major chain to eliminate daily housekeeping at most of its hotels.
- In our Smarter Traveler segment, with summer flight delays and cancellations on the increase, we give you some tips on things you can do BEFORE you travel to help lower the possibility of getting stuck somewhere on the road, and if you are stuck, our tips might make it a little less painful.
- We solicited Travel Tips from our listeners. The best ones will be posted next week.
- Mark did a special goodbye to John Ascuaga, the owner and operator of the Nugget Hotel/Casino in Sparks, Nevada, for over 50 years. Mark shared a tribute from Nevada’s governor and a personal story about John. A fine farewell to one of the nicest people you could ever meet.
- The Travel Guys would like to wish a Happy 75th Anniversary to President Jimmy Carter and Rosalynn Carter!