Canada to open to US visitors on August 9th
On the Sunday, August 1st edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, Canada will open to US visitors on August 9th, but the US won’t open to Canadians (and perhaps people returning from Canada) until August 21st at the earliest. Is it just us, or is something wrong with the way the dates (don’t) line up? Delta has promised its frequent flyers their status will be preserved into 2022 and a report says the price of an Uber ride has gone up 9% in just the last 18 months.
- Our Smarter Traveler segment focuses on bogus smoking and other “after you’ve left” charges at hotels and how to avoid them. Hint: One piece of advice involves debit cards.
- Steve LaRosa is back after a long absence with a new version of What’s Goin’ On (Around Sacramento). Steve has a couple of outdoor ideas and a reminder that the Cruise Fest is coming back to Fulton Avenue soon.
- Mark has a Just One Man’s Opinion commentary about those who have chosen not to be vaccinated, and what it’s doing to the travel and hospitality industry. The guys wrap up with a discussion about how to avoid weather related summer travel delays.
- Delta extends Sky Miles benefits
- Beware of summer weather
- Order your California Road Trips Guide, with Kevin Costner on the cover
- Free NY Pops Orchestra Strings Concert
- Yosemite Alerts
- Need to get a hotel smoking fee reversed because you didn’t smoke in the room?
- Hilton ends daily housekeeping at most brands
- Things to do in Mendocino County this Fall/Winter
- Ned Levi of Travelers United – His Photography, just for fun
- Hawaii COVID updates
- Wisdom Travels
- Creative car rental solutions
- Sign the petition to keep COVID flight credits valid