Southwest Airlines has over 1,000 weekend flight cancellations
Podcast: Play in new window | Download Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
On the Sunday, October 10th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, Southwest Airlines had another meltdown this weekend, with flight cancellations numbering well over 1,000. Depending on who you speak to, it was either due to bad weather in Florida, a shortage of staff and crew, or the alignment of the moon. Canada is telling travelers you must be fully vaccinated. This is for international AND domestic travelers, arriving by flight, train or cruise ship. Many more countries are announcing reopening post-COVID, including Australia, Viet Nam, India and a number of others. Entry requirements vary.
- Our Smarter Traveler segment addresses airline vouchers. Many travelers have them because of COVID cancellations, and they have been around a long time. What’s the one thing you don’t want to do with airline vouchers? Try to resell them.
- We invite listener call-ins, to discuss travel questions of the day. Have you resumed traveling? Do you dine comfortably in crowded restaurants, are you a “to go” tipper? Are you tired of hotels blaming the lack of services on COVID, or are you willing to be understanding a bit longer?
- Traveling internationally?
- Embracing the Red Eye Flight
- How to get roadside assistance while traveling far from home
- TSO (Trans-Siberian Orchestra) – Christmas concert dates
- Chris Elliott – Consumer Updates
- American Airlines changes could leave you stranded
- Pumpkin Patch Express
- Fulton Avenue CruiseFest
- Safe destinations in the U.S. this fall
- The Delta variant has changed the way we travel
- Meetings and events are resuming safely – US Travel Video
- Good Eats Happy Life