Learn two Thanksgiving dishes with Penny Sylvia from Good Eats, Happy Life
On the Sunday, November 21st edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, cruise ships are not yet back in Hawaii, and they won’t be until at least March of next year. Austria has shut down for three weeks, and Germany may follow any day. Plus, three more countries are now on the “don’t go” list.
- Marriott Hotels has made a small concession in one of the resort fee cases filed against them, in order to get the case dropped. Is Marriott acting in good faith, or is this a bait and switch?
- Last year, we offered a cooking show in November. It was so well received, we are bringing it back this year. Penny Sylvia from Good Eats, Happy Life joins us to cook two Thanksgiving side dishes on the radio. Plus, you can get a discount on her online classes, just because you are a Travel Guys listener.
Good Eats, Happy Life Cooking Classes Discount
$10 off the first month of the monthly subscription if they use the code: TRAVELGUYS10
Good Eats, Happy Life Cooking Recipes
ROASTED PEPPER & ARTICHOKE TAPENADE
1, 7 oz jar of roasted red bell peppers, drained
1, 6 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
½ cup minced flat leaf parsley
½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup olive oil
¼ cup drained capers
4 garlic cloves
1 TBS fresh lemon juice
1 baguette sliced diagonally
Preheat the oven to 400 F.
Drizzle baguette slices with olive oil and brush to distribute.
Toast the bread slices in the oven for approx. 8 mins on each side.
Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Process until mixture is well blended and finely chopped.
Spread one side of each of the bread slices with the tapenade.
FRESH MUSHROOM SALAD WITH LEMON, PARMESAN, JARLSBERG CHEESE & PARSLEY (Serves 4)
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
In a medium bowl, whisk together oil and lemon juice until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and parsley and toss to coat.
Add cheese on top and serve.
- Good Eats, Happy Life
- Covid Travel Alert Map
- More Holiday Travel Tips from Travelers United
- Follow a “tourist trail”
- The world’s ten tallest Ferris wheels
- How to pay tolls at “automatic” toll booths without a cash/credit card option
- Do Not Travel Warning for The Netherlands
- RememberAVet.net Wreath Project Info
- RememberAVet.net Website
- The 99 year old and the 2 year old
- What can we expect from hotels after COVID?