Legendary Golden Gate Theatre turns 100
Update: Due to a press conference regarding the Saturday night shooting in downtown Sacramento, the Travel Guys had only a 30-minute program. The Travel News and the interview with the Elliott family ran. The Hearst Castle story will run next week. Mark talked about the rental car situation in an abbreviated Smarter Traveler segment
On the Sunday, April 3rd edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, we are celebrating birthdays. The legendary Golden Gate Theatre in San Francisco turned 100 last weekend, and the city of Napa is about to celebrate 175 years.
- Renting a car has been a challenging proposition recently. It’s not going to change anytime soon, as vehicle shortages continue to plague the system. If you are about to rent a car, beware, the deck is stacked against you.
- Consumer Advocate and regular guest Chris Elliott is traveling the globe with his two teenage sons, Aren and Iden. They have started a podcast, and we talk with them about traveling as a family, the good and the bad, and the new podcast.
- California’s Castle is reopening next month. Tickets for the tours of Hearst Castle are already on sale. We have all the details.
- Golden Gate Theatre is 100
- The Elliott Family Podcasts
- Hearst Castle
- Contact Gwen Duncan
- Updated guide for traveling with disabilities abroad
- Stockton Flavor Fest
- Elliott Advocacy
- Cruise Passengers Bill of Rights
- Countries That Have Changed Travel Entry Requirements in March
- Spectacular pictures of Antarctica
- How to avoid becoming a “Scammed Mystery Shopper”
- Donations to Ukraine through a local church