Airline computers melted down again last week
On the Sunday, January 15th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, airline computers melted down again last week, briefly impacting the entire system. How can things like this be avoided? The answer, just like the Southwest situation a couple of weeks ago, isn’t simple. Fixing it will take time, as in years. In other news, Amtrak is having a sale on mid-week travel and airfares dropped in December, reversing a trend.
- Our Smarter Traveler segment features an interview with a TSA executive – we talked about signing up to pre-check, how you can get a job with TSA and some of the weird things that people try to bring on airplanes.
- Mark is hosting two baseball tours this spring. The first is to Spring Training in Arizona, March 9-13. It highlights 5 Cactus League games featuring the Giants. The second is Baseball’s Fields of Dreams, which is offered May 26 – June 4. Stops include the Negro Leagues Hall of Fame in Kansas City, the Field of Dreams in Iowa, Wrigley Field in Chicago, The Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, and Yankee Stadium and the Jackie Robinson Museum in New York City. Four seats remain on each trip.
- Steve LaRosa, who offers our popular “What Goin’ On” reports, is back and this time he’s headed up the California Coast. The first of two reports features Hwys 1 & 101 on the way to Eureka. Pictures of Steve’s journey can be found using the link on this page.
- Spring Training * Fields of Dreams Baseball Tours
- Enroll in TSA pre-check
- Want to work for the TSA?
- Follow along with Steve on his way up the coast
- New York City Discounts for the next 3 weeks
- Migrant rescues from a cruise ship
- The price of being “elite” is going up
- Nevada’s Seven Weirdest Wonders
- About Travel Nurses
- How to Become a Traveling Nurse
- Tips on Tipping
- Nobody Likes Hotel Fees
- How to avoid an Airbnb Scam
- World Nomads Travel Insurance
- Flying with Weed? Some TSA wisdom.