Amtrak is looking to expand service
On the Sunday, March 12th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, Amtrak is expanding and looking to expand service, plus Frontier Airlines is in the news regarding gate-checked bags. Frontier charges a hefty fee to check bags at the gate and a recent customer dispute went viral. The airline says the customer was in the wrong, but there are a variety of interesting sidebars to this story, such as Frontier paying a commission to contracted gate agents who nail you for an oversize bag. Even though the airline may be in the right this time, the online reaction to to the retelling of similar situations has been brutal for Frontier.
- Mark is in Arizona for baseball’s Spring Training. He offers some tips for folks heading down to Arizona in the Smarter Traveler part of the show – where to sit, how to cut your costs a bit, and even a tip on one of the best steakhouses in the area.
- St. Patrick’s Day is next week, and what better way to celebrate than to bring on a guest who is an Ireland expert. Jack Kavanagh, author and leader of National Geographic Expeditions is our guest. His book is Always Ireland: An Insider’s Tour of the Emerald Isle.
- We close with another edition of the Weird Travel News. They kept playing blackjack in Vegas after WHAT happened at the table? American Airlines has an option to let mother’s sit AWAY from the family for a fee? Are these stories true? Hey, it’s the weird travel news.
- Always Ireland: An Insider’s Tour of the Emerald Isle, by Jack Cavanagh
- Family Seating Dashboard
- Vacation Rental – take before AND after pictures
- Protect yourself against airline delays and cancellations
- Passengers evacuate a Southwest plane in Havana, but don’t dare leave their precious carry-ons behind
- Sports Leisure Route 66 – Chicago to Oklahoma City
- Sports Leisure Route 66 – Oklahoma City to Santa Monica
- Route 66 Road Trip
- Historic 66
- The California Historic Route 66 Association
- Book: Route 66, 75th Anniversary Edition
- Unclaimed Baggage Store
- The people who make Portland weird want you to know they are BACK!
- Behave yourself while traveling in Italy
- The Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights
- The Flat Tire Policy
- The 24 Hour Rule
- Reach Chris Elliott with a consumer issue or support his advocacy
- Saturday Night Live and Southwest Airlines
- Best days and times for hotels and airfares