Netherlands airport cutting number of flights to help global warming
On the Sunday, March 26th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, The Netherlands airport is cutting the number of flights it handles daily, in an effort to help global warming. An off duty pilot helps in an emergency on board a Southwest plane, and American Airlines wants its flight attendants to be in uniform when on duty.
- Once again we have a story about a passenger leaving something on a plane and having that item turn up in the possession of an airline employee or contractor. Our Smarter Traveler segment discusses the idea of putting air tags in your bags and on other important personal items to protect against theft.
- Clayton Whitehead is head of International Travel at Sports Leisure Vacations. Like US destinations last year, popular international spots are experiencing a post-COVID boom. We talk to Clayton about the return on international travel and what he sees looking forward. Will the boom continue?
- Mark has an edition of the Weird Travel News, with stories highlighting a weirdly shaped shrub in Portland and why some travelers are nicknamed “gate lice” by airline employees.
- The best AirTags
- The unusual shrub in Portland
- Passport Renewal
- Savings on American Airlines Vacation Packages
- Savings on Jet Blue Vacation Packages
- Gettysburg’s newest museum opens April 15th
- Non-flight itineraries are on the rise
- Sit Down. Shut Up. And Buckle Up. By Joe Brancatelli
- Travel Protections when you are traveling to/within/from Europe
- Yosemite in a rare empty moment
- Saddam Hussein’s Yacht
- Always Ireland: An Insider’s Tour of the Emerald Isle, by Jack Cavanagh
- Family Seating Dashboard
- Vacation Rental – take before AND after pictures
- Protect yourself against airline delays and cancellations
- Passengers evacuate a Southwest plane in Havana, but don’t dare leave their precious carry-ons behind
- Sports Leisure Route 66 – Chicago to Oklahoma City
- Sports Leisure Route 66 – Oklahoma City to Santa Monica
- Route 66 Road Trip
- Historic 66
- The California Historic Route 66 Association
- Book: Route 66, 75th Anniversary Edition
- Unclaimed Baggage Store
- The people who make Portland weird want you to know they are BACK!
- Behave yourself while traveling in Italy
- The Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights
- The Flat Tire Policy
- The 24 Hour Rule
- Reach Chris Elliott with a consumer issue or support his advocacy
- Saturday Night Live and Southwest Airlines
- Best days and times for hotels and airfares