Yosemite National Park closed after warm temps bring spring melt flooding
Podcast: Play in new window | Download Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | More
On the Sunday, April 30th edition of The Travel Guys…
In the Travel News, a woman got arrested in Sydney, after arriving on a flight from LA with a 24-carat gold-plated gun in her luggage. Yosemite National Park is closed after warm temperatures brought the much dreaded spring melt flooding.
Mark relates two situations which occurred on a flight he was on Saturday night, as examples of games people play with flight attendants. Hiding over-the-limit carry-ons and not following rules regarding pets on board are two examples he witnessed. Conceding it’s possible for a flight attendant to have a bad day, one has to keep in mind they can have you removed from the aircraft, or worse. Mark suggest picking your battles carefully, or maybe just not playing stupid little games. Do you really think you are the first person ever to use a coat to conceal an extra carry-on? Be a smarter traveler and give the flight attendants a break.
Is inflation having a bearing on the travel decisions you make for this summer? Or just ridiculously high prices. The guys talk about why this might be the year to pick a less-popular destination.
Finally, Mark shares some of his experience from the second half of his journey with 29 travelers down the Chicago-Oklahoma City portion of fabled Route 66. He highlights some of the classic attractions, hotels and restaurants along the old highway and talks about why you might consider a short journey if you can’t make an extended trip.
- Yosemite Park Current Conditions
- Rememberavet.net Wreath Project
- Rememberavet.net 7th Annual Golf Tournament
- Buy your very own Scottish Island
- Living on a cruise ship for three years
- Norway creates the longest cycling/pedestrian tunnel in the world, filled with art
- American Travelers TV Show
- Passport Expeditor – when you need a passport quickly – there is a charge
- National Parks requiring reservations
- Info on passports
- More info on passports
- Travelers United Attacks Junk/Resort/Destination Fees