Discover the best and worst airports for the summer
On the Sunday, June 18th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, a bill in the California legislature would make hotels put those hotel fees (resort, destination, amenity, etc.) in as part of the price of the room. That small step would take away one of the major reasons hotels charge those fees in the first place. Plus, we have a list of the best and worst airports for the summer. Hint: Beware of connecting in Dallas after mid-afternoon.
- Our Smarter Traveler segment deals with babies on planes. Not as bad as “snakes on planes” for most, but definitely a subject where it couldn’t hurt to get a few tips.
- Clayton Whitehead, our international travel expert stops by to talk about going overseas. Why is it so popular right now, and how long will that popularity continue?
- The final segment discusses credit cards, travel awards and tipping.
- Attempted break in at a Holiday Inn in San Jose – note the unique tool to try and open the door
- Should we consider regulating airport bars?
- Plus size travelers
- Four Tours Designed To Teach Travelers About Climate Change
- Ami Bera’s office can help you with your passport…if you live in his Congressional District
- Coming: Airline Bunk Beds
- Double Decker Airplane Seats
- Airfare and car rental comparisons
- Mia Taylor – Delays and Cancellations This Summer
- Our Lincoln Highway guest – Kay Shelton
- More on the Lincoln Highway
- Historic Oregon Hotel needs a new manager
- Cities with the highest and lowest airfare increase in 2023
- Ideas for avoiding baggage charges from Chris Elliott for Travelers United
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
- Security reports by country
- Good international travel info from the US State Dept.
- Tips on getting through customs and immigration
- Chris Elliott – consumer help and information on membership
- Passport Expeditor – when you need a passport quickly – there is a charge