Tips on travel to the Oregon Coast
On the Sunday, July 2nd edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, Southwest pilots inch a little closer to a possible strike, the Federal Trade Commission is coming after fake online reviews with big fines, and after a horrible week in the skies, especially for United, the airlines are so far getting travelers where they are going this holiday weekend.
- If you are vacationing by car this week or anytime this summer, safety and courtesy should be high on your list. Mark talks about the importance of a good driving “attitude” in our Smarter Traveler segment.
- The redwoods of northern California and the spectacular Oregon Coast are within travel reach of us in Sacramento. Mark has just completed a tour with that itinerary and shares some tips on where to stop and a couple of things to avoid.
- Several weeks ago, one of Mark’s staff had a bag lost by United Airlines. We’ve been following this saga and now we have another update. The bag has been found and returned. So happy ending to the story? Maybe…or maybe not. It ain’t over ’til the fat lady sings. The opera star ain’t singin’ yet.
- The Unspoken Rules of Air Travel That You’re Probably Breaking
- Lauren Wolfe – Kill Resort Fees
- Helping the traveler/consumer have a seat at the table
- Lady packs everything she can on her body to avoid bag fees – hilarious
- Attempted break in at a Holiday Inn in San Jose – note the unique tool to try and open the door
- Should we consider regulating airport bars?
- Plus size travelers
- Four Tours Designed To Teach Travelers About Climate Change
- Ami Bera’s office can help you with your passport…if you live in his Congressional District
- Coming: Airline Bunk Beds
- Double Decker Airplane Seats
- Airfare and car rental comparisons
- Mia Taylor – Delays and Cancellations This Summer
- Our Lincoln Highway guest – Kay Shelton
- More on the Lincoln Highway
- Historic Oregon Hotel needs a new manager
- Cities with the highest and lowest airfare increase in 2023
- Ideas for avoiding baggage charges from Chris Elliott for Travelers United
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
- Security reports by country
- Good international travel info from the US State Dept.
- Tips on getting through customs and immigration
- Chris Elliott – consumer help and information on membership
- Passport Expeditor – when you need a passport quickly – there is a charge