Listen Now On the Saturday, September 23rd edition of The Travel Guys… In the Travel News, TSA officers stop a flight attendant from trying to pass through security with a LOADED gun and an unexpected visitor prompts a temporary closure of the Magic Kingdom, those stories next in the news. It’s entirely possible that by the end of next weekend, we will be dealing with a government shutdown. What does that mean for travelers? We...
On the Saturday, September 30th edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, Pier 39 in San Francisco celebrates its 45th birthday, and Delta Airlines, they who boldly wiped out their frequent flyer program two weeks ago, admit perhaps they went too far.
- The Chief Health officer of a major airline says there are five things he absolutely would not do before or during a flight. We share those with you in our Smarter Traveler segment.
- The junk fee situation is spreading and getting more ridiculous. Now restaurants are adding bogus surcharges to their bills. The latest update on how travel vendors are digging into our wallets.
- Our Odds and Ends segment includes some good news for travel advisors and Mark’s lament on the disappearance of the “shoulder season” for travel.
- Joe Brancatelli’s Travel Site
- TSA in Miami getting into bags
- Renting an electric vehicle? Here are some tips.
- A new take on economy seating on planes, except….
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra Website
- Burning Man
- Broadway Sacramento
- How to get compensation for getting bumped from a flight
- How to win your consumer dispute using the Elliott Method
- Special events for California Wine Month
- Supersonic Planes are making a comeback
- Consumer Alert: The ride-sharing vomit scam is back!
- Holiday airlines tickets – when to buy
- Mark corrects the AirTag link – the REAL price
- Travelers United
- SacTown Bites