Listen Now On the Saturday, February 24th edition of The Travel Guys… In the Travel News, United and American Airlines raise baggage fees, and American Queen Voyages (the river cruise line) is out of business. A new piece of technology in restaurants is a hand-held software system that allows the server to total your bill, then hand you the machine, in their presence, to decide on a gratuity amount. Is it just us, or is...
On the Saturday, March 2nd edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, Marriott’s Bonvoy Rewards Program passes 200 million members, we talk about why Hertz’ move to electric cars bombed and how your next “flight” could actually be a bus ride.
- Your boarding pass has SSSS written across it. What does THAT mean? Extra security screening is the answer. We explain in our Smarter Traveler segment.
- Mark spent a week on the island of Kauai and has a broad range of ideas and suggestions. From accommodations to things to do and where to eat.
- The IRS baggage fees are not taxable. Which starts to explain why they are so popular with the airlines. The story is part of our odds and ends segment.
- Tipping with the server standing right over the top of you
- California State Parks Parking and Use Fee info
- Wheelchair polices, airline by airline
- Uber from the airport – where it costs the most
- How to get a digital ID
- Tips for driving in winter weather
- Say hello to the ocean on Icon of the Seas new cabins
- Traveler’s United Mobility Friendly Travel Guide
- Reports from on board the 9 month cruise
- Consumer Advocate Chris Elliott
- Is it time to mask up while traveling again?
- Sacramento Airport Parking
- Double check for things you can and can’t bring through security at the airport
- Carry On Bag Size Requirements
- TSA Renewal
- Seating tips for major US Airlines
- Denied Boarding Rules/Giving up Your Seat
- How to win your consumer dispute using the Elliott Method