Southwest Airlines suffers computer glitches and delays
On the Sunday, June 20th Father’s Day edition of The Travel Guys…
- In the Travel News, Southwest Airlines had a week of computer glitches and delays throughout their system, and since they aren’t really saying why it happened, no one knows if the coming week will bring a repeat. National Parks are reporting long lines to get in, so make sure you know if you need a day pass, camping permit or whatever, because you don’t want to be turned away. One of the “volunteer” cruises had a COVID infection, but they continued on without major problems. The governor of Florida wins a victory over the CDC. Cruise lines cannot require vaccinations. Is this a good thing?
- Our Smarter Traveler segment focuses on those who travel with life-saving medications and those needing wheelchair assistance at airports.
- The world’s longest border has been closed for over a year and will remain that way until at least July 20th. Clayton Whitehead has an update on when we might be able to go to Canada.
- To round out the show, we take you to a preview of the Mother Lode Fair in Tuolumne County over the holiday weekend. Did you know there are lots of great hiking trails in that region? You will after you listen to the podcast!
- Lincoln Highway Quarterly Meeting
- International Narcotics Control Board
- Paid and unpaid intern/apprentice opportunities for Napa theatre
- How to deal with air rage in real time
- Oahu moving forward on reopening
- Ways to volunteer for tourism during your visit to Hawaii
- Traveling with Medications (US Department of Homeland Security)
- Travel Smartly with Prescription Medications (US Department of State)
- Traveling with Prescription Medications (US Food and Drug Administration)
- List of airline wheelchair policies (bottom of article)